**Camping registration deadline is October 3, 2019.
We will be meeting to celebrate the feast of Sukkot on October 13-22, according to when the new moon of the 7th month was seen in Jerusalem.
Sycamore Springs Campground
3266 N. Ionia Road
What to Bring:
- A “sukkah” (temporary dwelling), such as a tent, RV, etc.
- Your own camp chair
- Personal water bottle, coffee mug, plates/bowls, utensils, etc.
- Extra sleeping gear/clothing for colder nights (blankets, stocking cap, gloves, warm socks, etc.)
- Rain gear for bad weather (umbrellas, rain jacket, warm footwear, etc.)
- Modest clothing – we recommend layers as the weather changes often. Pack for hot and sunny, rainy and windy, and cold nights. Anything can happen!
- Sharpies, name tags, labels for your camping chair and any other personal items that might leave your campsite
- Towel, soap, and flip-flops for the shower
- Extension cords, power strips, string lights and other lighting for your campsite
- Walkie talkies
- Coins, laundry soap, etc. for doing laundry
- Cash for firewood ($5/bundle)
- Please note that there is no WiFi and only limited cell phone service.
- Musical instruments
- Board Games, Yard Games, toys for the children, crafts you’re working on, art supplies
Food and Meal Prep:
- Meals will not be provided. However, we will have shared meals several times, and we encourage you to work together with other attendees to plan, prepare, and eat meals together.
- Be sure to bring only kosher marshmallows.
- Please check our Tentative Schedule of Activities page for more information on daily meals.
- We understand alcohol is often part of the rejoicing at the Feasts. Please keep alcohol at your campsite, and do not bring it to camp gatherings. Also remember drunkenness is not allowed in Scripture nor permitted at the campground. (Please see Deuteronomy 14:24-27, Ephesians 5:18, Romans 13:11-13, Galatians 5:19-26, Habakkuk 2:15, and Proverbs 20:1.)
Showers & Toilets:
- There is a bathhouse for the campers. Keep it clean for others who come after you. Let Sycamore Springs staff know if there is a problem you can’t fix yourself.
- Quiet time is 11 PM to 8 AM.